Applications may be started a month prior, but the following deadlines will be strictly adhered to:
Fall admission: April 15th Associate Degree-RN Generic
A class of students will be admitted each fall semester based on completion of admission criteria. The number of students admitted each semester may vary due to Board of Nursing (BON) requirements of student-to-instructor ratios and available applicant pool. Admission is competitive and is based on the student's overall GPA, ACT and Kaplan test scores. Please note recommendations below (ACT, Kaplan scores and GPA).
To be considered for admission the student must:
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 or above. The recommended GPA is 3.0 or above;
- Have a minimum of "C" or above is required for all general education coursework;
- Must obtain acceptable scores on the ACT test, minimum score of 18 or above in Reading, English, Science and Composite. The recommended score is 22 or above;
- Obtain acceptable scores on the Kaplan Entrance Exam of 79% on Math, 77% on Reading, 57% on Science, 62% on Writing and 69% on Overall Score or above.
- Due to the competitiveness of the program the higher all of the above GPA and test scores are the better your chance of admission;
- Be admitted to Texas Southmost College;
- Complete the Admission Interview process.
- Pass the criminal background check.
- Be cleared by the Texas Board of Nursing prior to starting classes.
Please refer to the application (checklist) found on our website for detailed instructions. Application will not be accepted if it is incomplete
Last Updated on Thursday, 15 October 2015 15:28