Consistent with the mission of Texas Southmost College the faculty of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is committed to serving the educational needs of the citizens of the Lower Rio Grande Valley. This mission will be accomplished by providing enthusiastic students a high-quality instruction, preparing the graduate with employable skills as an entry level sonographer, preparing the graduate to be successful on the national certification examination. The program’s mission is supported by a caring team of educational staff, sonographers and physicians with expertise in various aspects of sonography and a commitment to education. An extensive array of didactic resources and a wide variety of advanced practicum experiences at various Lower Rio Grande affiliate sites will provide graduates with the skills and versatility needed to function in a variety of health care facilities. The program will be conscientious to healthcare needs and educational requirements.
- GOAL 1. Upon completion of the program, all students will demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate information relevant to their role as a diagnostic medical sonographer. (Cognitive Domain)
- GOAL 2. Upon completion of the program, all students will demonstrate technical proficiency in all competencies necessary to fulfill the role of a diagnostic medical sonographer. (Psychomotor Domain)
- GOAL 3. Upon completion of the program, all students will demonstrate personal behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations for a diagnostic medical sonographer. (Affective Domain)
- GOAL 4. Upon completion of the program, at least 70 percent of the graduates will be successful on the national certification examination.
- GOAL 5. Upon completion of the program, a minimum of 80 percent of the graduates will be employed within one year.
- GOAL 6. Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be proficient, competent, and knowledgeable in all related competencies, and develop technical and critical thinking skills as an entry level medical sonographer.
Last Updated on Monday, 04 January 2016 08:23