Due to the specialized nature of becoming a paramedic and entering into the Emergency Medical Science Program, admission requirements are more rigid than for entrance into the general programs offered by TSC. Requirements for admission to the Emergency Medical Science Program are as follows:
- Admission to TSC (acceptance does not necessarily guarantee acceptance to the Emergency Medical Science Program)
- Completion of "Application for Admission" to the Emergency Medical Science Program (located on this website). Applications are due no later than June 15th of the year preceding the fall semester the student wishes to enter.
- College transcripts of all previous college work. High school transcripts if student has not previously attended college.
- Two Letters of recommendation
Students seeking to obtain an Associates of Applied Science or Certificate of Proficiency - Level 1 or Certificate of Proficiency - Level 2 must complete the application requirements located on this webpage.
Students selected for the EMS program will attend an orientation in order to answer any questions and understand the expectations and requirements of this program of study. Topics included will be: required immunizations; criminal background check; attendance requirements; drug screening; and other topics specific to the current degree plan. The date of the orientation will be posted to all students accepted into the program.
- Up-to-date immunizations and CPR Certification are required of all students prior to clinical assignments. This includes a current year flu shot.
- Students must provide proof of current health insurance and maintain throughout the entirety of the EMS Program.
- A current drug screen and criminal background checks will be required of allied health students prior to clinical assignments.
- Applicants with a history of a felony or misdemeanor should contact the Program Director for additional information. Applicants may be required to contact the Texas Department of Health and Human Services as well as the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians to determine eligibility for completion.
Last Updated on Thursday, 09 March 2017 15:50