Benefits of the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Texas Southmost College include:
- Being co-enrolled at Texas A&M University and Texas Southmost College. Engineering students in the Engineering Academy program enroll in one engineering course through Texas A&M each semester. These courses are taught by Texas A&M faculty on the Texas Southmost College campus. All math, science and other core curriculum courses are taken through Texas Southmost College;
- Smaller student-faculty ratios in math and science courses, which build the foundation in engineering;
- Opportunities to participate in student activities and organizations at both institutions to the fullest extent possible;
- Substantial financial savings! Engineering students in the Engineering Academy program are charged tuition and fees by the institution through which each course is registered. Texas A&M coursework is registered in absentia which allows for a deduction in fees for services not used by students enrolled in a course conducted away from the Texas A&M-College Station campus;
- Automatic admission to the first choice engineering major at the end of the second semester for engineering students who earn a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) at both Texas Southmost College and Texas A&M, and who complete the required coursework.