Q: What is ExamGuard and how do I install it?
A: ExamGuard is a software program that provides a secure environment for online test taking.
You only need to download ExamGuard if your instructor requires it for your course. Ask your instructor if you are unsure if you need to download ExamGuard.
When you take an exam using ExamGuard you will not be able to:
- Copy & Paste
- Browse the Internet
- Minimize browser windows
- Use menu options, control keys, or switch tasks
- Use right-click options
- Start new applications
- Return to previous web pages
Before You Begin Your Exam
- You must download ExamGuard before you can access your exam.
- Download ExamGuard before the date and time of your exam, so that you are prepared on the scheduled test day.
- If you are using an audio program while starting ExamGuard, you will not be able to access your audio player until you finish your exam or close the ExamGuard window.
- Go to the start page of the exam then click on the ExamGuard link.
- After installing ExamGuard, please follow these steps:
- Close your browser and re-open it.
- Enter your course again for ExamGuard to be recognized by your system.
- Operating Systems
Windows: 8, 7, Vista, XP
Mac: OS X 10.5 or higher
Windows: 128 MB RAM
Mac: 512 MB RAM
- Hard Disk Space
Windows: 4 MB of free hard disk space
Mac: 2 MB of free hard disk space
- ExamGuard is compatible with Macintosh computers using the Safari browser.
- ExamGuard works best with Internet Explorer on Windows computers/laptops. At this time tablets are not fully compatible with ExamGuard.
Last Updated on Friday, 17 October 2014 15:33