At the Assistive Technology Lab and Testing Service we:
- Proctor exams (supervise students taking tests) for professors.
- Provide extended time and/or a distraction reduced environment for students who have a documented need for such testing accommodations.
- Provide specialized technology that is helpful for students with a variety of disabilities.
Request to test at the Assistive Technology Lab and Testing Service
Whether taking tests or studying, eligible students can use:
AUDIO/ELECTRONIC VERSIONS OF TEXTBOOK
- Alternate format texts - recorded or digital versions of some textbooks.
- Student must qualify for this service as determined by supporting documentation.
COMPUTERS WITH SPEECH AND BRAILLE OUTPUT
- JAWS- popular screen reader for use by individuals with low vision or who are totally blind. Works with a variety of programs and provides Braille output in addition to or instead of speech.
- Mega Dots is a mature DOS braille translator which uses Nemeth Code.
- Duxbury-Braille Translation Software
MAGNIFICATION SOFTWARE AND CCTV'S
- Zoom Text- enlarges and enhances everything on computer screen, for use by individuals with visual impairments.
- CCTVs'-(Closed Circuit Televisions)- magnify print, handwriting and photos placed under a "camera."
SCREEN READERS AND SCANNERS
- ClaroRead is a program which converts scanned text, including PDF files, into spoken text with complete clarity.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking is a Speech Recognition Software
Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 February 2016 10:53